Thursday, September 9, 2010

When It Hits, You Feel No Pain

"One good thing about music / when it hits, you feel no pain" --Bob Marley

By the time you get to be my age, your preferences take on a certain air of consistency. Anyone you count as a close friend at this point in your life will most likely remain a close friend, for example.

Taste in art and taste in friends say
alot about a person. Below is a list of my dirty dozen musical artists. These are the 12 musical artists with the most songs in my library, after their discographies have suffered my obnoxiously pretentious editing process.

Two parenthetical notes are in order.

Firstly, Bob Dylan is on the list, but he is not
of the list. He is in an order all his own.

Secondly, many of my favorites are not on this list because they lack the quantity of recorded music that modern recording artists enjoy. Sam Cooke and Credence
Clearwater Revival jump to mind.

That being said, just as I'm set on my friends, I'm set on this music:

No comments: