Saturday, June 7, 2008

Distinctions Without Differences

Son, do you know why I'm stoppin' you fo'?
'Cuz I'm young and I'm black, and my hat's real low?
Or do I look like a mob leader, sir? I don't know
Well, you was doin' 55 in a 54
License and registration, and step out of the car
You carryin' a weapon on you? I know alot of you are
I ain't steppin' out of shit, all my paper's legit
Well, do you mind if I look around the car a lil' bit?
Well, the glove compartment's locked, and so's the trunk and the back
And I know my rights, so you're gonna need a warrant for that
Well, aren't you sharp as a tack, what, you somebody important or something?
Some type of lawyer or something?
I ain't passed the bar, but I know a little bit
Enough that you won't illegally search my shit


License, registration
I ain't got none, but I got a clear conscience 'bout the things that I done
Mr. state trooper, please don't stop me
Maybe you got a kid and a pretty little wife
The only thing that I got's been killing me my whole life

No comments: